Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nature inspiration

I don't know about you, but I am very inspired by nature. Nature inspires my, art, my fashion, my life. I've noticed a growing trend in couture gowns. They are tending more, and more to imitate the glorious nature around us. Personally, I love this new trend, and I am excited to see what nature inspired fashion springs forth this year.
  Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.
~John Lubbock

One of my absolute favorite pieces of--what I consider art--fashion has to be this gorgeous work. I wish I knew who created this masterpiece.
Rodarte’s fall/winter 2008
Aura Tout Autumn/Winter

fish scale inspired top. Source unknown.
Lavender bud gown. Source unknown.
Alexander McQueen. Ocean inspired dress



 Everything is in some way inspired by the natural artwork around us.

( photos not taken by me unless stated otherwise)



 Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
~~Khalil Gibran


That’s all for now. I must bid you adieu. I hope you found some inspiration within this post!
Much love,
~MaryAlice

No comments:

Post a Comment